Friday 6 December 2013

Review : Lush Lip Scrubs : Mint Julips


We've been struck by a particularly biting cold (in grand Londinium) and my lips were looking chapped and gross as ever. (O ho punny) As if dry lips weren't bad enough, imagine having remnants of lipstick kind of stuck in the cracks and forming pink-coloured flakes. Yeap. That's how I was walking around.

On my way home, I caught the distinctive whiff of a Lush store. Olfactory bulb went ding!, the mind said "lip scrubs!" and in I went. There were four flavours to choose from: bubblegum, popcorn, mint julips (mint chocolate) and Santa (cola), which is a festive limited edition. If I could eat any of those things it would be mint chocolate so I bought mint julips. It tastes like After Eights! ;p

Un/fortunately, my camera couldn't capture my chapped lips in their full glory, so try to imagine that scene from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, when Tuco leaves Clinty in the desert and he looks a little worse for wear having nothing to drink in the scorching sun.


This scrub has fast become one of my favourite products. It's so nice to use and it actually works - smooth, flake free lips. Hurrah! I've been using it every couple of days, and so far, scraggly lips have not returned. Just remember to use a lip balm afterwards.



Ingredients:

Castor Sugar - the exfoliant
Jojoba Oil - softens the skin. Does anyone really pronounce this as "ho-ho-ba"?
Vanilla Extract - flavouring
Tagetes Oil - a preservative
Peppermint Oil - flavouring, I assume. Doesn't burn your lips.
Limonene - fragrance or flavour additive
Flavour

The Good:
It's like chocolate. Heck, I think it's better than chocolate! It works.

1. It's suitable for vegans
2. Lush does not test its products on animals, nor does it does not source its ingredients from suppliers who test on animals. They also didn't sell out to a large cosmetics company known for animal testing ... Just sayin'...

The Bad:
I thought this was quite expensive for the price. You're basically paying £5.50 for a pot of sugar. However, you only need a small amount each time so I imagine it'd last for ages - assuming you don't eat the pot.

The Ugly:
I'm really just going with the Clint Eastwood theme. Ain't nothing ugly about it. Except for lips beforehand. But there is that typeface...

All in all, I would recommend anyone who suffers from chapped lips to get this, if only for the pure pleasure of use :)
Oh and did I mention that you can lick off the excess? ;p Residue never tasted so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment